Rich natural nutrition when you need it most.
Welcome, thank you for your interest in placenta encapsulation and congratulations if you are pregnant!
Deborah is a qualified UK certified IPEN Placenta Encapsulation Specialist affiliated with A Mother’s Touch. Either contact Deborah or go to A Mother’s Touch Placenta Encapsulation booking form to find out more about using the placenta for post-birth healing.
Placenta remedies are nature’s way of helping women heal and restore energy after birth. The placenta produces all of the hormones, vitamins and minerals during pregnancy; once it’s delivered, you have a sudden and drastic drop in hormones which can lead to decreased milk supply, “baby blues,” fatigue, low iron, among other things. Placenta pills help to balance your hormones, moderate your mood, energy, physical healing and increased milk supply. These wonderful benefits lead to a happier and more energetic postpartum period for mother and baby.
Placenta capsules benefits reported by mothers
- encourage a quick and healthy milk supply
- significantly reduce post-birth bleeding
- reduce stress levels
- prevent the baby blues and post-partum depression
- decrease in bleeding
- leave new mothers feeling calmer
- Give new energy to cope better
- $3,850 Steamed preparation of capsules & collection
- $4,100 Raw dehydration of capsules & collection
- $4,100 Steamed/raw preparation of capsules & collection
- $8,000 Specialist guidance or preparation in home
- $580 Bedside raw smoothie
- $880 Tincture150ml+ daily dropper bottle
- $580 Cream 40ml
- $580 Balm 40ml
- $480 Placenta print forever keepsake
- $2,200 Do it yourself hire-kit with dehydrator
The capsules are designed for easy consumption throughout your six-week healing post birth. The capsules look like any other vitamin or supplement we might take. The process is carried out with strict protocols and guidelines from IPEN UK and in compliance of the Hong Kong ordinance. The encapsulation process can be done in your own home either by you or by a qualified Encapsulation Specialist or if you wish this process can be completed in the specialist’s home.
- capsules are made from your placenta with no added ingredient
- the placenta is either steamed with lemon, ginger and chilli to balance the Chi in the body or dehydrated from raw. An option of 50:50 can also be prepared on request
- dehydrated using a food dehydrator or oven for 10-12 hours
- ground and put into vegetable capsules for consumption
The raw placenta is known for its high content of stem cells and growth factors, which together heal damaged tissue and organs at an incredible rate. Consuming the placenta raw is the most natural and beneficial way to benefit from your placenta after birth. For best results, consumed as soon as possible after birth. Smoothie is made from 2-3 pieces of fresh placenta (the rest can be prepared into capsules or other remedies), a handful of fresh organic berries, beetroot and blackcurrant juice, for example, plus banana and water. Mums’ report it taste like a regular smoothie. Simple, natural and a highly beneficial boost!
The tincture is made from taking a piece of the fresh placenta and blending it with distilled alcohol (a high quality vodka or brandy).
- mixture is stored in a glass mason jar for 6 weeks in a cool dark environment. Vacillate (give the jar a swirl) every day.
- straining off the placenta solids makes the final product. We have found this is easy to do using a funnel and an unbleached coffee filter.
- final product is a potent tincture that can also be used and made into a homeopathic placenta remedy. Store your mason jar or amber glass jar in a cool, dark place, and it will last indefinitely. Fill a small tinted dropper glass jar for daily use (use a rinsed echinecea dropper bottle or similar).
- dosage: Suggested dosage is 7-20 drops in water 2-3 times a day during times of need. It is not a remedy suited to ongoing daily use.
The tincture can be made into other remedies:
The placenta is rich in oestrogen, therefore builds collagen in the skin and progesterone. This inhibits the breakdown of collagen, which normally leads to wrinkles as we age. Sheep, cow, deer and even human placentas are frequently used and are commercially available on the market as anti-aging creams. You now have the opportunity to have a homemade skin care product made with your own placenta. A rich base-cream is made from the placenta tincture with added drops of high quality Rose essential oil to produce a luxurious face cream or natural stretch mark cream. It is effective on dry skin conditions, such as eczema.
By storing your Mother tincture you have access to ongoing supplies of this beautiful cream. Highly recommended!
Placenta Balm is the perfect natural remedy for nappy rash and many other irritating, inflammatory skin conditions, as well as non-specific itching. Balm can also be used effectively to reduce the signs of scar tissue and burns.
Kept refrigerated, placenta balm will retain its healing properties for up to 12 months.
A keepsake artwork of your ‘tree of life’ placenta that you can keep forever.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
Placenta encapsulation has not been evaluated by Food & Drug Administration, nor is it clinical/pharmaceutical, or intended to diagnose/treat a condition. Families who utilise this knowledge take full responsibility for using their placenta at their own risk. Check with your midwife or health professional to be sure your placenta is healthy and able to be safely consumed.
The information provided by Deborah-Dewey.com regarding Placenta Encapsulation is based on research, documentation and first-hand testimonials from mothers who’ve used placenta capsules for their post-partum recovery. The information provided regarding placenta tinctures, essences, homeopathic remedies, placenta printing and placenta creams have been sourced form other websites or books. Deborah-Dewey.com is not a medical body and does not claim to treat, cure or relieve any symptoms in pregnancy, birth or post-birth and advises all woman to research these remedies in depth before attempting to make or use these remedies after birth. Deborah-Dewey.com always advises you seek advice from your GP, doctor or midwife if you have any problems with your pregnancy, birth or post-birth recovery.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Independent Placenta Encapsulation Network” and, whilst we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on their or our website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.